Facebook has known for providing a range of services since 2004. It has more than 800 billion active users around the globe. All of them are successfully using Facebook services for making friends, entertaining themselves, chatting with friends and relatives, and a lot more. Apart from this Facebook also provides you the facility to sell your product in the global online market. We have no doubt in this that Facebook is providing its best but there are several other online social sites available on the internet. These websites are more famous than Facebook because customers are switching to them. If you are also fed up with Facebook and want to delete or deactivate your account then you are at the right place. You will get complete information to deactivate Facebook account.
- If you are browsing Facebook on a website then click on the downward arrow available on the top right corner of the screen. Whereas on mobile applications click on the three horizontal lines on the very right top corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “setting and privacy” option to open the Facebook delete account
- Again, tap on the “settings” options and click on the “Your Facebook information” from the menu available on left.
- Now tap on the “Deactivation and Deletion” option from the menu.
- Choose the “Deactivate Account” option and then click on “Continue” to complete the Deactivation process. You also have to enter your password to verify that it’s actually you who is attempting to deactivate the account.
What happens when you deactivate your Facebook account?
After you deactivate your account from the Facebook delete account page, your account will keep to hidden mode. Your friend will not be able to see or search you on Facebook. Your previous comments and likes will be hidden on a temporary basis. Moreover, if you are a business account user then your listed product will also be removed from Facebook. However, people can still be able to see those products or comments once you reactivate your account. The only thing that will be visible to your friends in the private chats that you had done previously. Additionally, you will still remain friends with your old contacts on Facebook. You can contact them on messenger and send personal messages. Also, can send messages on group chat in which you are already added. But no one will be able to send you a fresh request to add in groups.
There can be many reasons due to which people choose to deactivate or delete Facebook accounts. If you are a student then you can choose to deactivate your account due to studies. While most of the people choose to deactivate their account for various personal reasons. But if you want to permanently get out of Facebook then you can choose to delete your account instead of deactivating it.
Moreover, there are several things that you need to take care of before deleting your account. make sure to download your information from Facebook for future references. Though Facebook provides you a time period of 30 days to make your mind whether you actually want to discontinue your account or not. In most cases, people reactivate their account before the grace period hence the deletion automatically got canceled.
If you have made up your mind and want to proceed with deleting your account then do not log in it. Moreover, contacting a Facebook executive or tale help from FAQs will provide your more assurance on this. Once Facebook deletes your account, you aren’t able to access it again. You have to create a new account to connect with your old friends on Facebook.